Alternative Johnnie Walker : #35 : Simon Berry
Tuesday, May 14 2013
An inspirational story about the real difference two people can make with patience, commitment and dedication.
Simon and Jane Berry wondered why the shop in the small impoverished villages of Zambia had no medicines but there was always bottles of Coca Cola.
And so began the amazing story of Colalife and the life saving product that recently won the Product Design of the Year Award.
Willie Nile has toured the US with the Who and, at the invitation of the Boss, played several stadium shows with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. He embodies the true spirit of rock n roll and his live shows are legendary. He's been praised for great songs like 'Streets of New York' and 'On The Road To Cavalry' and whilst on his latest UK tour Johnnie talked with Willie about the spiritual power of music.
You are what you eat they say but there is so much conflicting advice about food. In this podcast nutritionist Stephanie Moore gives us the benefit of hours of study and research to give some amazing advice about food and particularly accurate information about the healthiest oils.
Here is one tough lady who walks the talk. Aged 18, a year working in Kathmandu Prison, Nepal. Another year as a support worker at the notoriously tough Styal Women's jail in Cheshire. Plus visits and work in over 50 prisons in the UK. Campaigning, urging reform, helping with initiatives that have dramatically reduced re-offending rates. This lady actually is one, her parents are the Duke and Duchess of Westminster. Hear Lady Edwina Grosvenor explain why she devotes so much energy and time to helping prisoners.
Mind coach Don Macpherson talks about the 'monkey mind' - the 10% of our brain we are conscious of - what about the other 90% ? Don gives practical tips and information to help us use more of our brain to improve all aspects of our lives.
Click below to automatically stay up to date
with the latest episode using iTunes.
Legendary Radio Caroline and BBC DJ Johnnie Walker opens the door
to an alternative view of the world featuring inspirational and radical thinkers dedicated to improving life on Planet Earth.